We're here to share some insight on what oils can be incorporated into your yoga routine, and why they're so great! Take a look at the following list:
- For grounding: patchouli, ginger, cedarwood
- To promote clear breathing, and breath awareness: basil, spearmint, rosemary, myrrh, frankincense, and eucalyptus oil
- For calming the senses: chamomile, vetiver, geranium, and lavender oil
- For centering, and strengthening: myrrh, sandalwood, frankincense, and cedarwood oil
- To uplift the senses: lime, clary sage, and lemon oil
- For spirituality: lemon, bergamot, orange oil
- To cleanse your body, and mind: grapefruit, lemongrass, wild orange
- To soothe sore muscles: cypress, basil, lavender, rosemary oil
All Natural Yoga Mat Cleaner
Make your own yoga mat sanitizer spray with essential oils, and water! Some yoga studios offer spray bottles filled with distilled essential oils for students to wipe down sweaty mats at the end of class. We promise that it works, so give it a try.
To Create Your Custom Blend You'll Need:
1) 3 cups of purified or distilled water
2) 10 - 20 drops of your preferred essential oil
3) 1/4 cup witch hazel
4) A spray bottle
Clean your yoga mat with just a few simple steps:
1) Spray a thin layer onto your yoga mat, and let the cleaning solution sit for a few minutes.
2) Wipe off the essential oil spray with a dry or slightly dampened cloth or paper towel
3) Repeat steps on the other side of the mat
Now you have a clean yoga mat that smells delightful!
Aromatherapy achieves its effects through the application and diffusion of pure plant essential oils that influence a positive emotional state, a sense of wellness, and mental clarity. Our high-quality essential oils including, 100% pure, or Certified organic essential oils from SpaRoom can be trusted to heal your body, promote mindfulness, and cleanse your spirit just like yoga can!