You might be feeling stressed, anxious or maybe even finding yourself unable to cope with life's daily stresses; that's when essential oils come in to help you gain the stability, and balance you need to get through the day.
Are you not sure what essential oils work best? We want to make it easy enough for you to easily narrow down your picks if you haven't already.
Cedarwood oil is another great oil for relieving tension, while also having a calming effect on the mind. The aroma of cedarwood helps serotonin that is responsible for stabilizing your overall mood. Cedarwood essential oil also acts as a natural sedative, which helps control sleep patterns.
How to use cedarwood essential oil:
- Inhale the cedarwood essential oil directly. Alternatively, add several drops in a diffuser, and let it disperse throughout the air.
- Add a few drops with a carrier oil, and rub onto palms or on your wrists.
Orange oil gives hits your senses with a powerful, uplifting fragrance while proving to have stress-relieving benefits. In fact, a study carried out by researchers concluded that patients using orange oil were able to reduce their antidepressant medicine intake significantly.
How to use orange essential oil:
- Orange essential oil is hands-down one of the best essential oils to use in a diffuser if you want to uplift, and refresh the mood instantly. This essential oil is also beneficial for boosting energy and improving overall concentration.
- For an instant lift, directly smell orange oil to awaken the senses.
Ylang ylang essential oil can be both calming, and stimulating, depending on how a person is feeling. Ylang ylang is especially powerful when dealing with anger, and can induce a feeling of instant calmness, and peacefulness.
How to use ylang ylang oil:
- Add several drops to a carrier oil, and apply directly to the neck, wrists, and feet trigger points to reduce feelings of stress, depression, and anxiety.
- Ylang ylang essential oil even works especially well for elevating your mood, especially in a diffuser.
Frankincense essential oil can help ease the adverse effects of both stress, depression, and anxiety. This special essential oil is frequently associated with several different faiths and is believed to increase spirituality and intuition.
How to use frankincense oil: