Essential Oils have fragrant, aromatic molecules that pass through the body when applied. After inhaling or topically applying to areas of the skin, the essential oils start to almost instantly occupy regions of the brain that manage feelings of stress, depression, and anxiety. Further studies that scientists have conducted have shown that essential oils may affect several biological factors, including stress levels, heart rate, breathing, blood pressure, and the immune system. What's fascinating is that essential oils can be both stimulating to the senses, and soothing to the touch. It's amazing as to why essential oils work so great for stress. For they have proven the unique ability to adapt to the different levels of stress that each battle with on a regular basis. You might be feeling stressed, anxious or maybe even finding yourself unable to cope with life's daily stresses; that's when essential oils come in to help you gain the stability, and balance you need to get through the day.
Here you will find know-how methods that will help you possess the healing power of essential oils, and a guide to some of our favorite essential oils for stress, depression, and anxiety.
Are you not sure what essential oils work best? We want to make it easy enough for you to easily narrow down your picks if you haven't already.
Cedarwood Essential Oil
Cedarwood Essential Oil is another great oil for relieving tension, while also having a calming effect on the mind. The aroma of cedarwood helps serotonin that is responsible for stabilizing your overall mood. Cedarwood essential oil also acts as a natural sedative, which helps control sleep patterns.
How to use cedarwood essential oil:
- Inhale the cedarwood essential oil directly. Alternatively, add several drops in a diffuser, and let it disperse throughout the air.
- Add a few drops with a carrier oil, and rub onto palms or on your wrists.
Orange Essential Oil
Orange Essential Oil gives hits your senses with a powerful, uplifting fragrance while proving to have stress-relieving roll-on benefits. In fact, a study carried out by researchers concluded that patients using orange oil were able to reduce their antidepressant medicine intake significantly.
How to use orange essential oil:
- Orange essential oil is hands-down one of the best essential oils to use in a diffuser if you want to uplift, and refresh the mood instantly. This essential oil is also beneficial for boosting energy and improving overall concentration.
- For an instant lift, directly smell orange oil to awaken the senses.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil can be both calming, and stimulating, depending on how a person is feeling. Ylang ylang is especially powerful when dealing with anger, and can induce a feeling of instant calmness, and peacefulness.
How to use ylang ylang oil:
- Add several drops to a carrier oil, and apply directly to the neck, wrists, and feet trigger points to reduce feelings of stress, depression, and anxiety.
- Ylang ylang essential oil even works especially well for elevating your mood, especially in a diffuser.
Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense Essential Oil can help ease the adverse effects of both stress, depression, and anxiety. This special essential oil is frequently associated with several different faiths and is believed to increase spirituality and intuition.
How to use frankincense oil:
- Diffuse some drops of frankincense oil in the atmosphere to experience total relaxation after a long day.
- Add several drops to a hot shower, and cover the drain. While showering, inhale deeply, and let all of the tension melt away.